D and I just came back from a trip to Cuba. Here are 5 things I noticed about the people and some pictures.
1. There is live music everywhere. Please listen to song above while you read rest of this post :)
2. The people were really warm and friendly. The society seems more collaborative than most i.e. people helping strangers, hitchhiking etc
3. It is amazing to see people talk and interact in absence of widespread internet (vs everyface buried in a phone/tablet/Candy Crush!)
4. Generally people were much more overweight than we thought they would be
5. Baseball is a national obsession